from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Reproduction by multiple asexual fission, characteristic of many sporozoans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. asexual reproduction of protozoans etc characterized by multiple divisions of the nucleus and cell
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as schizogenesis.
- n. Self-mutilation; antotomy. A constriction somewhat similar to that which occurs in Linckia before schizogony of the arm takes place.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. asexual reproduction by multiple fission; characteristic of many sporozoan protozoans
Sorry, no etymologies found.