from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. A kind of ruby-red glass made in Bohemia.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A kind of glass of a red or ruby color, made in Bohemia.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. Glass of some peculiar sort used in decorative work: a word differently used by different writers.


German Schmelz, Schmelzglas. (Wiktionary)


Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.