from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A vessel used for the education and training of sailors
- n. A vessel used as a reformatory
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vessel employed as a nautical training school, in which naval apprentices receive their education at the expense of the state, and are trained for service as sailors. Also, a vessel used as a reform school to which boys are committed by the courts to be disciplined, and instructed as mariners.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A vessel used for the instruction and training of boys and young men in practical seamanship.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a ship used to train students as sailors
Sorry, no etymologies found.