from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to squirrels
- n. A member of the squirrel family.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Squirrel family.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Squirrel-like; related to Sciurus, or belonging to the Sciuridæ; especially, of or pertaining to the Sciurinæ.
- n. A squirrel; a member of the Sciuridæ, and especially of the Sciurinæ.
Latin sciurus ("squirrel"), from Ancient Greek σκίουρος (skiouros, "squirrel"), from σκιά (skia, "shadow") + οὐρά (oura, "tail"). (Wiktionary)