from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of a class of generally insoluble proteins, such as collagen, found in skeletal and connective tissue. Also called albuminoid.
- n. The protein that permeates the chitin of arthropods.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of many fibrous proteins found in connective tissue etc
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A term suggested to designate the albuminoids which occur widely distributed in the skeletal tissues of the animal organism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a simple protein found in horny and cartilaginous tissues and in the lens of the eye
Sorry, no etymologies found.