from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A knife used in sclerotomy
- n. A segmented mass of mesenchymal tissue, in a somite, that develops into the ribs
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the bony, cartilaginous, or membranous partitions which separate the myotomes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sclerous or scleroskeletal structure intervening between successive myotomes; a division or partition of muscles by means of intervening sclerous tissue, as occurs in the muscles of the trunk of various amphibians and fishes.
- n. A knife used in incising the sclerotic.
- n. That portion of the meta-merically segmented mesoderm of the vertebrate embryo which gives rise to the sustentacular or supporting structures, such as the bony, cartilaginous, and connective-tissue skeleton.
Sorry, no etymologies found.