from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The accumulation of sticky ink on a plate.
- n. That which is scummed off; skimmings; scum.
- n. The strategy of collecting easy rewards in unchallenging areas, e.g. when a high-level character visits levels suitable for low-level characters in roguelike games.
- n. The act of restoring a game's save file for the purpose of continuing play with a better outcome than was obtained the first time.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of taking off scum.
- n. That which is scummed off; skimmings; scum; -- used chiefly in the plural.
From scum. (Wiktionary)
Probably from skimming, modified by the derogatory sense of scum. (Wiktionary)