from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A distorted horn, regrown after the disbudding operation of a goat, sheep, or cow.
- v. To move hastily; to scour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To move hastily; to scour.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To graze, skim, or touch lightly; jerk.
- To scour; pass over rapidly, as on horseback.
- To run or fly; flit hurriedly; scour.
- n. A dwarfed or stunted horn. See the quotation.
Compare scour ("to run"). (Wiktionary)