American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Shield-shaped: scutiform leaves.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Shield-shaped. Properly, of the form of a Roman scutum in one of its varieties (see cuts under
scutum); most commonly, like the triangular or heater-shaped shield of the fourteenth century.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Shield-shaped; scutate.
- Latin scutum ("shield") + -form (Wiktionary)
- Latin scūtum, shield; see scutum + -form. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Peltate was defined as a "shield-shaped, scutiform.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘scutiform’.
A hodgepodge, jumble, jambalaya, *gallimaufry, circus and tent revival of plant anatomy and morphology terms and phrases - its a big tent, and no tickets are required.
Scrawlings, notes, odd writings, and messages.
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for scutiform.