from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Used as a courtesy title before the surname, full name, or professional title of a man in a Spanish-speaking area.
- n. Used as a form of polite address for a man in a Spanish-speaking area.
- n. A Spanish or Spanish-speaking man.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A Spanish title of courtesy corresponding to the English Mr. or Sir; also, a gentleman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gentleman; in address, sir; as a title, Mr.: in Spanish use.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Spanish title or form of address for a man; similar to the English `Mr' or `sir'
Spanish, from Old Spanish sennor, from Vulgar Latin *senior, lord, from Latin, senior; see senior.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)