from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various cucumber-shaped echinoderms of the class Holothuroidea, having a flexible body with tentacles surrounding the mouth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an echinoderm of the class Holothuroidea, with an elongated body and leathery skin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Any large holothurian, especially one of those belonging to the genus Pentacta, or Cucumaria, as the common American and European species. (P. frondosa).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Some or any holothurian; a trepang or bêche-de-mer: also called sea-pudding, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. echinoderm having a flexible sausage-shaped body, tentacles surrounding the mouth and tube feet; free-living mud feeders
Sorry, no etymologies found.