from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A large blackish seaweed Ecklonia buccinalis, of the Southern Ocean, having a hollow and expanding stem and a pinnate frond.
- n. Any large marine univalve shell of the genus Triton.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A great blackish seaweed of the Southern Ocean, having a hollow and expanding stem and a pinnate frond, sometimes twenty feet long.
- Any large marine univalve shell of the genus Triton. See Triton.
- n. a great seaweed (Ecklonia buccinalis) of the Southern Ocean. It has a long, hollow stem, enlarging upwards, which may be made into a kind of trumpet, and is used for many purposes.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.