from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In agriculture, an implement, consisting of two cast-iron cylinders, which follows the plow to press down the newly plowed furrows. Sometimes called seam-roller.
  • n. A goose or sad-iron used by tailors to press or flatten seams in cloth.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.