from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A disease of the sebaceous glands characterized by excessive secretion of sebum or an alteration in its quality, resulting in an oily coating, crusts, or scales on the skin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A skin disorder causing scaly, flaky, itchy, red skin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A morbidly increased discharge of sebaceous matter upon the skin; stearrhea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by excessive and perverted excretion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a condition in which overactivity of the sebaceous glands causes the skin to become oily
Sorry, no etymologies found.