American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Biology Arranged on or turned to one side of an axis.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- l. An obsolete form of second.
- In botany and zoöl., arranged on one side only; unifarious; unilateral, as the flowers of the lily-of-the-valley (Convallaria majalis), the false wintergreen (Pyrola secunda), etc.: as, secund processes of the antennæ.
- adj. botany Arranged on one side only, as flowers or leaves on a stalk.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Bot.) Arranged on one side only, as flowers or leaves on a stalk.
- Latin secundus following the course or current of wind of water. See second (adjective). (Wiktionary)
- Latin secundus, following. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“Corporations can also encourage firms to secund third - or fourth-year associates to them for a year (and pay the costs, but not the profit margin) ...”
“Firms can also secund young associates to public sector agencies (e.g., the county prosecutor's office), where they can be paid by the firm but get far more hands-on experience than they would as twenty-first person on a multidistrict litigation team ...”
“Corporations can also encourage firms to secund third-or fourth-year associates to them for a year (and pay the costs, but not the profit margin) ...”
“May 28, 2010 at 6:56 pm att nawt-secund, ai redd wutt yoo sed rong….den ai reelized dat dere wuzz a ‘wander’ inn dere….”
“June 18, 2010 at 6:59 pm lulz…teh nawt-secund tew sentenses sownd liek Gollum…”
“April 28, 2010 at 9:03 am u rock italiana.. congaratz on solo nawt secund.”
“Mai mum dide 29 yeerz ago nd dad faond a widow nd had 27 yeerz ob “nyu lyfe” in himz secund marridge !”
“De wevver wosnt berry gud for de nawt secund cuppla dais, butt! den it improoved an we hadda gud tiem.”
“May 28, 2010 at 12:03 pm congaratz on ebrybodiez nawt secund!”
“April 1, 2010 at 5:58 pm con cat shu laces on being nawt secund!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘secund’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
the concise british flora in colour (w. keble martin) - glossary - edited, and to be added to
Looking for tweets for secund.