Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Sedge (which see).
- n. The yellow flower-de-luce, Iris Pseudacorus.
- n. A castrated bull; especially, a bull castrated when full-grown; a bull-segg.
- n. A man; a warrior.
- An obsolete form of say.
- n. archaic A man; warrior; hero.
- n. A man; fellow.
- n. UK, Scotland, dialect A castrated bull.
- n. (uncountable) Segregation
- n. A metal stud or plate fixed to the sole or heel of a shoe to prevent excessive wear. Also known as a blakey.
- n. dialect A callus, an area of hardened skin.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.), obsolete Sedge.
- n. The gladen, and other species of Iris.
- n. Prov. Eng. & Scot. A castrated bull.
- Short for segregation. (Wiktionary)
“I suspect this seg will be available soon and some blog will post it.”
“Politely racist Democrats who used the "seg" issue to stir up votes in their column.”
“Lott, in their view, had come across as too much of a "seg," an embarrassment in a party eager to sell itself as a Big Tent of "compassionate conservatism.”
“Republicans have appealed in various ways to "seg" sentiment across the nation.”
“Rehearsal time for a Con-Artistes show can run anywhere from three to nine months; when a prisoner is transferred or paroled or sent to "seg" (segregation) or hauled back into court, they don't ask if he's busy with a lead role in a play.”
“After getting into trouble in October 1985, he was sent to administrative segregation, known to inmates simply as "seg" and where he stayed locked up in a tiny cell 22 hours a day.”
“The number interested in smartphones is pretty low, but I suspect that they have an image of being foreign market-designed phones that feature few of the essential Japanese functions such as emoji, One-seg television, and smartcards.”
“They must have been embarrassed about it, as they only had tiny 8 point type price tags, which showed that all the spring and summer models were between 50,000 and 70,000 yen for the standard spec of 8 megapixel camera, one-seg television, electronic cash and the like.”
“Honestly, this guy is even more incompetent than George Bush. seg from houston”
“Schengen gjort det enkelt for folk å bevege seg i Europa.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘seg’.
A list of 3-letter words which cannot be formed by adding a letter to a 2-letter word (see Ken Clark's word lists found at http://www.seattlescrab...
Looking for tweets for seg.