from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being a retail commercial enterprise or a service in which the customers or users help themselves: a self-service market; a self-service elevator.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the practice of serving oneself, usually when purchasing items
- adj. Describing an establishment where the customer is not waited on.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or denoting an establishment (a restaurant or shop etc.) where customers serve themselves
- n. the practice of serving yourself (as in a grocery or cafeteria)
Sorry, no etymologies found.