from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Partially but not entirely open to the use of the public: prohibited smoking in public and semipublic places.
- adj. Partially but not totally owned by the public: a semipublic utility company.
- adj. Open to the knowledge and judgment of only a part of the public.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Somewhat, but not entirely, public
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having some of the features of public institution
semi- + public (Wiktionary)