Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Something that separates; specifically, the line separating light and shade on any partly illuminated surface.
- n. mathematics The boundary separating two modes of behaviour in a differential equation.
- n. mathematics, archaic The decimal point.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Arith.) The decimal point; the dot placed at the left of a decimal fraction, to separate it from the whole number which it follows. The term is sometimes also applied to other marks of separation.
- n. a punctuation mark (/) used to separate related items of information
- Latin, meaning "she that separates". (Wiktionary)
“The observed strong electric fields and currents inside the separatrix region can be important for a local energization of ions and electrons, particularly of ionospheric origin, as well as for magnetosphere-ionosphere coupling.”
“Strong electric fields exist inside the separatrix regions and the electric potential drop across the regions can be up to several kV.”
“My point is that the nature of the separatrix and that of the basins of attraction are somewhat separate issues.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘separatrix’.
Looking for tweets for separatrix.