American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Arranged or occurring in a series or in rows.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To put into the form of series, or a connected or orderly sequence.
- Arranged in a series or order; serial.
- v. transitive To arrange in serial order.
- adj. Arranged in serial order.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Arranged in a series or succession; pertaining to a series.
- series + -ate (Wiktionary)
“Spikelets 1 - or more-flowered, sessile, 1 - to 2 - or more-seriate on the rachis of a simple spike, or partially sunk in cavities of the same.”
“When the nest is new, I think I see a reason why the Mason-bee should seriate her laying into females and then males.”
“[To the honorable seriate and house of representatives, April 1, 1907.]”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘seriate’.
My collection of words that are intriguing, but don't fit my other lists.
Looking for tweets for seriate.