from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of Serricornia, a tribe of beetles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having serrated antenn�.
- n. Any one of a numerous tribe of beetles (Serricornia). The joints of the antennæ are prominent, thus producing a serrate appearance. See Illust. under antenna.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having serrate antennæ; of or pertaining to the Serricornia.
- n. A serricorn beetle; a member of the Serricornia.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.