from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A realistic piece of stage scenery constructed to stand by itself.
- n. An often brilliantly executed artistic or literary work characterized by a formal pattern.
- n. A carefully planned and executed military operation.
- n. A situation, activity, or speech planned beforehand and carried out according to a prescribed pattern or formula.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a piece of freestanding stage scenery
- n. any carefully planned sequence of operations, especially as part of a military operation
- n. an elaborate action scene in a movie or video game
- n. any planned strategy that a team uses after play is restarted with a free kick, penalty kick, corner kick, goal kick, throw-in or kickoff.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a piece of scenery intended to stand alone as part of the stage setting
Sorry, no etymologies found.