from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To multiply or be multiplied by six.
- adj. Consisting of six parts or members.
- adj. Six times as much in size, strength, number, or amount.
- adj. Music Having six beats to the measure.
- n. A sixfold amount or number.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a sixfold amount
- adj. Having six parts
- adj. Being six times as great
- adj. Having six beats to the bar
- v. To make, or to become, six times as much (or as many)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Six times as much; sixfold.
- adj. Divisible by six; having six beats.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Sixfold; six times as much.
- To multiply by six.
- n. Same as sextuple press.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having six units or components
Medieval Latin sextuplus, sixfold : Latin sextus, sixth; see sextile + -plus, -fold.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Formed (in imitation of quadruple) from Latin sextus sixth: compare French sextuple. (Wiktionary)