from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A roller resting upon supports in a window or other place, upon which a window-shade, curtain, awning, screen, or map may be rolled. The roller, usually hollow, is provided with a spring by which it is rotated, and a ratchet and pawl which control its movement.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.