from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A year-old sheep that has been sheared once.
- n. The skin of a shearling or of a newly sheared sheep or lamb, tanned and with the wool on.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sheep that has been shorn for the first time
- n. A sheepskin or lambskin that has gone through a limited shearing process so that the fibers are of uniform depth
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sheep but once sheared.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sheep of one shear, or that has been once shorn.
shear + -ling (Wiktionary)