from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. To be covered by a sheet of cloth or paper or other similar material.
- adj. To be secured by a special tarpaulin
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of sheet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a broad white band or patch around the body: said of a beast, as a cow.
- In printing, noting presswork which requires the placing of a clean sheet over every printed sheet to prevent the offset of moist ink.
Sorry, no etymologies found.