from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Fabric suitable for making shirts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any fabric used to make shirts
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Cloth, specifically cotton cloth, suitable for making shirts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any fabric designed for making shirts.
- n. Stout cotton cloth such as is suitable for shirts: when used without qualification, the term signifies plain white bleached cotton.
- n. Shirts collectively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various fabrics used to make men's shirts
Sorry, no etymologies found.