from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The sleeve of a shirt.
- n. The state of wearing no coat, jacket, or other outer garment over one's shirt: dined in shirtsleeves; balmy weather that had them down to their shirtsleeves.
- adj. Dressed without a coat: shirtsleeve spectators; a shirtsleeved orchestra.
- adj. Calling for the removal of a coat or jacket; not requiring a coat or jacket for comfort: shirtsleeve weather; a shirtsleeves picnic.
- adj. Marked by informality or straightforwardness: shirtsleeve politics; a shirtsleeves conference.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The part of a shirt that covers the arms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sleeve of a shirt
Sorry, no etymologies found.