American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A stick resembling a cane, pointed at one end with a folding seat at the other, typically used by spectators at outdoor sporting events.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In printing, a piece of hard wood or metal, about ten inches long, which is struck by a mallet to tighten or loosen the quoins in a chase.
- n. A walking stick that has a spike at one end, and a handle that unfolds into a simple seat; used as a short-term seat at outdoor events
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Print.) a tapering piece of wood or iron, used by printers to drive up the quoins in the chase.
- n. device that resembles a spiked walking stick but the top opens into a seat
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘shooting stick’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for shooting stick.