from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. a type of padding sometimes used in clothing to give the wearer the illusion of less sloping shoulders.
  • n. a piece of protective equipment used in American and Canadian football.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. protective garment consisting of a hard rounded pad worn by football players to protect their shoulders


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.