from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A railway locomotive used for shunting; a switcher
- n. A person who carries out shunting operations
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A person employed to shunt cars from one track to another.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which shunts; specifically, a railway-servant whose duty it is to move the switches which transfer a train or carriage from one line to another.
- n. A hand-lever used to start and move a railroad-car.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small locomotive used to move cars around but not to make trips
Sorry, no etymologies found.