from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. See skid, below.
- See skid, below.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A slip or twig taken from the side; an oblique offshoot: hence, an unacknowledged or illegitimate child.
- n. A division at the side of the stage of a theater, where the scenery is slipped off and on.
- n. The tendency of the rear or driving pair of wheels of a smooth-tired motor-vehicle to slip sidewise when the surface of the roadway is coated with a thin film of slippery mud.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. slide sideways through the air in a downward direction in an airplane along an inclined lateral axis
- n. a flight maneuver; aircraft slides sideways in the air
- n. an unexpected slide
Sorry, no etymologies found.