American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A part forming the side of something else: a chair with curved sidepieces.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A piece forming a side or part of a side, or fixed by the side, of something.
- n. In entomology, a pleurite.
- n. a part forming a side of something
- n. The jamb, or cheek, of an opening in a wall, as of door or window.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Joinery) The jamb, or cheek, of an opening in a wall, as of door or window.
- side + piece (Wiktionary)
“I need three hundred dollars for an abortion for the sidepiece chick.”
“That sidepiece was the only thing supporting the cakes.”
“I can see him reading the note as he holds it and the bills in one hand, while with the index finger of the other he presses the bridge of his eyeglasses against his nose because he has broken the sidepiece.”
“This sidepiece in the jacket of men and women serves to give the desired width to the garment and the variation in color secured by it is regarded as an addition to the general ornamental effect.”
Looking for tweets for sidepiece.