American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Chronic inflammation of the lungs caused by excessive inhalation of dust containing iron salts or particles.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Pneumonoconiosis in which the particles are metallic, especially iron.
- n. A deposition of iron pigment in any of the tissues of the body.
- n. medicine A form of pneumoconiosis caused by the inhalation of iron dust
- n. medicine The accumulation of hemosiderin in various organs of the body by people with a diet rich in iron
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) A sort of pneumonia occuring in iron workers, produced by the inhalation of particles of iron.
- n. fibrosis of the lung caused by iron dust; occurs among welders and other metal workers
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘siderosis’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for siderosis.