from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. An S-shaped section of the colon between the descending section and the rectum. Also called sigmoid flexure.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. the S-shaped section of the large intestine between the descending colon and the rectum

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. the s-shaped curve between the descending colon and the rectum


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.