from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A detailed description of a person's appearance, as for police files.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of signalling, or of signalizing.
- n. Description by peculiar, appropriate, or characteristic marks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of signaling, or of signalizing; hence, description by peculiar, appropriate, or characteristic marks.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A making known by signs or indications; specifically, a description by external marks or characteristics for identification.
- n. The act of signaling.
French signalement, from signaler, to mark out, from signal, signal; see signal.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
signal + -ment (Wiktionary)