from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A finger ring bearing an engraved signet. Also called seal ring.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A finger ring bearing a signet, seal or coat of arms
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a ring containing a signet or private seal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A seal-ring the seal of which is a signet, or private seal.
- n. One of the forms of the malarial parasite in which the body is of a ring shape thickened on one side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a ring bearing a signet
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.