from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music A note having one sixty-fourth the time value of a whole note.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a note with 1/64 the value of a whole note
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the sixty-fourth part of a whole note; a hemi-demi-semiquaver.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In musical notation, a note equivalent in time-value to one half of a thirty-seeond-note); a hemidemi-semiquaver: , or, in groups
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a musical note having the time value of a sixty-fourth of a whole note
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.