from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A surgical graft of healthy skin from one part of the body to another or from one individual to another in order to replace damaged or lost skin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A operation to graft a piece of skin, moving it from one place to another, a dermoplasty.
- n. A piece of skin grafted during such a surgery.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a small portion of skin used in the process of grafting. See Graft, v. t., 2.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as graft, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a piece of skin taken from a donor area and surgically grafted at the site of an injury or burn
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.