from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of skittle.
- n. a pub game in which a ball is rolled down a wooden alley in order to knock down as many of the nine skittles as possible
- n. An informal form of chess played without a clock
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. An English game resembling ninepins, but played by throwing wooden disks, instead of rolling balls, at the pins.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bowling game that is played by rolling a bowling ball down a bowling alley at a target of nine wooden pins
Sorry, no etymologies found.