from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of skive.
- n. A piece made in skiving (the paring or splitting of leather), especially the part from the inner, or flesh, side.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of paring or splitting leather or skins.
- n. A piece made in paring or splitting leather; specifically, the part from the inner, or flesh, side.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The operation of taking off the rough fleshy parts from the inner surface of a skin by short oblique cuts with a curriers' knife.
- n. The rejected thickness of leather of the flesh side, when leather is split for thin shoes and the like.
Sorry, no etymologies found.