American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An ill-smelling, eastern North American swamp plant (Symplocarpus foetidus) having minute flowers enclosed in a mottled greenish or purplish spathe.
- n. A western North American plant (Lysichitum americanum) having a bright yellow spathe with an inflated upper part.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See cabbage.
- n. Symplocarpus foetidus, a low-growing plant native to the wetlands of eastern North America.
- n. Lysichiton americanus, a low-growing plant native to the wetlands of western North America.
- n. Lysichiton camtschatcense, a low-growing plant native to the wetlands of eastern Asia.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) an American aroid herb (Symplocarpus fœtidus) having a reddish hornlike spathe in earliest spring, followed by a cluster of large cabbagelike leaves. It exhales a disagreeable odor. Also called
- n. deciduous perennial low-growing fetid swamp plant of eastern North America having minute flowers enclosed in a mottled greenish or purple cowl-shaped spathe
- n. clump-forming deciduous perennial swamp plant of western North America similar to Symplocarpus foetidus but having a yellow spathe
- skunk + cabbage, from the strong odor produced when the leaves are broken or torn (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘skunk cabbage’.
candles with a "manly" scent
They remind me of a particular time, place, or activity
Hello, and Welcome™! Come and visit our most diverse land of our Animalesque™ adventures. Here at Noah's Park™ we have Virtually All You'd Ever Want To See™. An experience that is related to ani...
Looking for tweets for skunk cabbage.