from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. a movable keel, similar to a centeboard.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a retractable fin keel used on sailboats to prevent drifting to leeward


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.