from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Trivial conversation or writing; twaddle.
- n. Archaic Unappetizing liquid or watery food; slops.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Weak, poor, or flat liquor; weak, profitless discourse or writing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To slap repeatedly; go slipping and slapping.
- n. Weak and sloppy drink; thin, watery food.
- n. A blunder.
- Slipshod; slovenly.
Reduplication of slop1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)