from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bun filled or covered with ground beef cooked in a spicy tomato sauce.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A hot sandwich, typically composed of ground beef cooked in a skillet with highly seasoned tomato sauce or tomato paste and spread between two sides of a bun.
- n. A cold delicatessen three-decker rye bread sandwich made with sliced meat, Swiss cheese, coleslaw, and Russian dressing.
- n. A very loose-fitting light-weight jumper or jacket.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. ground beef (not a patty) cooked in a spicy sauce and served on a bun
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.