from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The manufacture of inexpensive, low-quality, ready-to-wear clothes.
- n. Cheap ready-to-wear clothes.
- n. Careless or hasty work.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The manufacture of slops, or cheap ready-made clothing.
- n. Clothing of this kind.
- n. Hasty, slovenly work of any kind.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The manufacture of slops, or cheap ready-made clothing; also, such clothing; hence, hasty, slovenly work of any kind.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The manufacture of slops, or cheap clothing for sale ready-made.
- n. The cheap clothing so made.
- n. Hence, any work done superficially or poorly.
slop + work (Wiktionary)