from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A fund raised for undesignated purposes, especially.
- noun A fund raised by a group for corrupt practices, such as bribery or graft.
- noun A fund used by a group, as for entertainment.
- noun Money formerly raised by the sale of garbage from a warship to buy small items of luxury for the crew.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Money stored for
illegalor dishonest purposes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a fund for buying votes or bribing public officials
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.