from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several New World herbs of the genus Helenium of the composite family, having yellow to red-purple rayed flower heads.
- n. See sneezewort.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plant of the genus Helenium, especially Helenium autumnale.
- n. A plant of the genus Centipeda; either of the species Centipeda cunninghamii or Centipeda minima, which induce sneezing and are known as a folk remedy for colds and allergic reactions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A yellow-flowered composite plant (Helenium autumnale) the odor of which is said to cause sneezing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Helenium, mostly the common H. autumnale.
- n. In Australia, a dwarf, erect, odorous herb of the aster family, Centipeda Cunninghamii, considered a valuable specific for certain diseases of the eye.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various plants of the genus Helenium characteristically causing sneezing
From sneeze + weed. (Wiktionary)