from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various shrubs of the genus Symphoricarpos, especially S. albus of North America, having small pinkish flowers and white berries.
- n. Any of various tropical American shrubs or vines of the genus Chiococca, having white globular fruit and small yellow or white flowers clustered in lateral racemes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A shrub bearing white berries, now especially of the genus Symphoricarpos.
- n. The fruit of this shrub.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A name of several shrubs with white berries; as, the Symphoricarpus racemosus of the Northern United States, and the Chiococca racemosa of Florida and tropical America.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shrub of the genus Symphoricarpus, chiefly S. racemosus, native northward in North America.
- n. A low erect or trailing rubiaceous shrub, Chiococca racemosa, of tropical and subtropical America, entering Florida.
- n. A Tasmanian name for Gaultheria hispida. See wax-cluster and chucky-chucky.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. deciduous shrub of western North America having spikes of pink flowers followed by round white berries
snow + berry (Wiktionary)