from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An unnamed or unspecified person or thing.
- n. Informal A son of a gun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A placeholder name for a person or thing, used when a name is not known; a generic name.
- n. Some thing or things.
- n. Used for epithets such as SOB, bastard, etc..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Some one or something not definitely named: commonly representing some person or thing in an imaginary or supposed instance: as, Mrs. So-and-so; was he wrong in doing so-and-so? Compare so ,adv., 5.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who is deemed to be despicable or contemptible
Sorry, no etymologies found.